Job Vacancy: Full Stack Developer
Polixen is an innovative startup company that provides full cloud-based web solutions for aged care organisations. We strongly believe in the power of technology to empower our customers, so they can provide a higher level of care to their most important peers.
Based in the heart of Wollongong, our office is where our team gets together to make the magic happen. We love to work collaboratively, and we are proud of our positive work ethic. We are not big fans of formal clunky old school enterprise working environments – we laugh, we play and share memes together.
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic developer to join Polixen’s dynamic tech team. Your work will positively impact the daily operations of hundreds of aged care organisations in Australia.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing new features for our application through collaboration with the team
- Working directly with the CEO on converting customer feedback and ideas into new products and/or features
- Identifying bugs or problems in our application, then planning and implementing fixes
What does a typical week look like?
- Daily morning stand-ups with the tech team to ask questions or raise blockers
- Weekly tech meetings to deep dive into project tech designs, advanced topics, new tooling etc.
- Work on a mixture of support tickets and major projects
- Communicate via phone and email with customers using the software for feature feedback or bug reproduction
- Update end-user documentation on any new features or updates you work on
- Prepare feature update emails detailing new features being deployed to customer systems
- Monthly one-on-ones with the CEO to talk about career goals, provide company feedback etc.
Required skills and experience (min 5 years):
- PHP with OOP or MVC Framework (Laravel, Symfony etc)
- MySQL or MariaDB
- HTML and CSS
Desired skills and experience:
- React v16+
- React Native
- NodeJS (Express, TypeORM)
Benefits and perks
- Flexible working hours
- Laptop, monitor, keyboard & mouse etc to be provided
- Being part of a creative and supportive for-purpose organisation
- Growth opportunities as the company is expanding
- Working within a small team, which allows accelerated learning across different parts of the organisation
- Being personally mentored by senior engineers
- Work from home available, though onsite at our Wollongong office is desired (within reason)
If you meet the criteria above then please don’t hesitate to send your CV to email@example.com, if you have any questions please call 1300 790 592.